Friday, August 18, 2017

Pep talk

Death is a transition, an ending and beginning for those that have stopped and those still breathing. 

I haven't accepted what has happened to me, I have adapted. 

Ego misled me. 

I had the belief that I was in control. 

I was a fool. 

Blinded by my assumption that I had already suffered enough. 

I thought that if I were a good person, laid low, loved my husband and my children, that I would be skimmed over. 

That this would NEVER happen to me. 

and then BAM!

I now know that my past, my suffering, my love and joy, every element of every hour, day, week, was in preparation for my life now. 

That suffering isn't limited or measured. 

It doesn't care if you've had your heart broken before. 

What you become after, when your heart begins to heal, what you decide to do with your discomfort is essentially all that matters. 

It's not easy, but I know life isn't meant to be effortless. 

I am destined for more. 

I wake every morning with a purpose in my heart. 

I'll be damned if I let this life go to waste. 


1 comment: