Sunday, September 3, 2017

Scarecrow and Tin Man

My heart hurts today.

My head tries to tell it no but there is no use. 

This is the ache, the void, the absence. 
I have grieved his death and now I'm grieving his loss. 
My head and heart can both agree on this. 

They know that this will last a lifetime.

My head tells me to push forward, to get up and move.

My heart says I can't. 
Not today, I need today. 


My head says move forward, don't look back, put yourself out there. 

My heart says, there will never be another.

My head says, you know this isn't true.

My heart bleeds for him, it aches. 

My head knows my heart is healing and needs days like today.

This is true love. 
One is not able to function without the other.

This is what loving yourself looks like.
Knowing your imperfections, your bad days, this isn't everything.
When your heart feels like all is lost, like you're not worthy of loving again because what if? 
What if you destroy that too? 

There is head. 
Triumphant and steady. Sometimes brutally honest but loyal, consistent, guiding you back to peace. 

My heart wants to feel the way it did before. 

My head knows that it's just not possible, life doesn't work that way. 

Everything comes when the time is right. 

My head knows writing these heart fueled emotions down is the answer. 

My head knows that one day my heart will be whole again. 
That even though it's scarred. It's still precious and capable of tremendous love.


My head knows that my heart is well on its way.

My head knows that not all is lost.

My heart knows to trust head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment